You are here

history

History

The winery was founded in 1956 by a small group of winemakers, driven by the great respect for the vines and the quality of the local Sardinian grapes. The Cantina di Mogoro takes the name from the homonymous Village, placed in the Marmilla area, famous for its agricultural traditions and also known for weaving of fine tapestries and carpets, as well a fine tradition in wooden handicraft.

The soil around the winery is particularly vocated for the growing of some of the finest and ancient local grape varieties, such as: Monica, Semidano, Bovale, Cannonau, Vermentino, Nuragus, Malvasia and Moscato.

Thanks to the hard work and loving care of about 500 coop members, those grape varieties grow throughout 450 hectares of hillside vineyards, often near the sea, and produce excellent wines appreciated by experts and wine lovers worldwide.

The excellence of the grapes and a great care in wine making, stands out the wines of Cantina Mogoro, even among the most exigent consumers around the world.

The awards in the most prestigious international competitions confirm excellent productions, which the whole staff aims to improve.